Thursday, November 26, 2009

Prayer of Thanksgiving for the Gift of Life

THANKSGIVING FOR THE GIFT OF LIFE

Heavenly Father, You are the giver of ALL life.
I thank You, Lord, for the gift of life which You have given me.
Teach me to recognize the sacredness of my life.
Teach me to honor the sacredness of others.
Remove from me the selfishness
that prevents me from experiencing the majesty of each soul.
Help me to recover from the indignities that I have suffered
and which have diminished my self respect.
Restore in me the conscious understanding that
Your Holy Spirit lives in me
and that all my actions and thoughts should reflect
the holiness of Your indwelling Presence.
Sanctify my life, Heavenly Father,
that I might be a blessing to all whom I meet.
Let this world be a brighter place
because You reached out to others through my simple acts of kindness.
Help me to believe in my own goodness that I may resist temptation
and celebrate Your gift of life this day. Amen.

No comments: