Friday, May 20, 2011

Abortion Stops a Beating Heart: Join Supporters of the Heartbeat Bill!

"Science has already given us a yardstick to determine if someone is alive--a beating heart. We just want to see that measurement applied evenly. This bill calls for an end to discrimination and the protection of every human being with a beating heart--no matter their age!

~ Lynn Wachtmann, Ohio State Representative and New Chair of the House Health Committee ~

"Knowing that I killed my own precious baby, who had a beating heart, has traumatized and devastated me beyond description and has destroyed so much happiness and has lead to chronic migraine pain easily triggered by inconsolable grieving. An unplanned pregnancy would have lead to unplanned joy. I regret this choice with every fiber of my heart and soul... I've thought about and loved this baby intensely every day of my life for almost 30 years. And I never was a mom to another child-due to infertility. This means that in a moment of haste, in my youth, not fully informed, I killed the only child I ever conceived. If I would have seen an ultrasound--would have seen that beating heart-wild horses couldn't have kept me in that clinic. I would have known the truth and my baby would be alive today. That's why I'm here. Please vote yes on this important legislation."

~ Kathryn Bretz, Post-Abortive Woman, Cleveland, Ohio ~
 

No comments: