Monday, October 4, 2010

Post-abortion Testimony: Daughter of an Abortionist

"In the space of a few months I had gone from bright, hopeful young honor student with perfect boyfriend and prestigious university, to… what? I didn't know. I knew how to drink, party, eat, and cry. So I did those things. Addictively. I spent endless nights in my room weeping and cutting and burning myself. I have physical scars to match the mental ones, and I considered suicide more than once. I went from anorexia to bulimia to compulsive overeating and back again. The future that I had always seen - the one my mother planned out for me and pushed me toward - had evaporated. I knew one thing for certain - I was never going to be the feminist lawyer of her dreams. I spent a few years going aimlessly from job to job, never lasting more than a few months. Most of the time I was unemployed and hung around the house reading, drinking, and waiting for the next opportunity to party.

"I had nightmares all the time - when I could sleep. I slept with all the lights on and music playing for years, because I was terrified of darkness and silence."

~ Excerpt from Abigail Seidman's post-abortion testimony ~

No comments: